In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, users of binocular indirect ophthalmoscopes are also facing challenges when it comes to examining patients. Ophthalmic societies around the world are advising that examiners attach breath shields to their ophthalmic devices to reduce their potential risk of infection.
While the HEINE Breath Shield protects part of the wearer’s face from exposure to some things, it does not provide a complete shield to protect against contact with infectious airborne droplets. Additional protective equipment must be worn!
The Breath Shield, developed exclusively for the HEINE OMEGA 500 Binocular Indirect Ophthalmoscope, covers the mouth, nose and chin area.
- Undisturbed vision through the ophthalmoscope thanks to a cut-out on the optics
- Comfortable fit – there is no contact between the wearer’s nose and the Breath Shield
- Easy access to all of the controls of the ophthalmoscope
- Ability to charge the OMEGA 500 with the Breath Shield on
- Cleaning and disinfection instructions in the Brochures section below
- Breath Shields are consumables.